Friday, March 14, 2014

Help me pick my new look! Warby Parker Glasses Selection

Hi lovely blog readers! Happy Friday!

This blog is about health and fitness but that sometimes can mean something different than exercise or healthy eating. What about taking care of the other parts of your body? Your ears or eyes? Today's post will be about exactly that- a special new treat for the health of my eyes!

A couple of my friends have told me about this site to buy new glasses called Warby Parker. Warby Parker helps you to find inexpensive glasses online to try on at home for free. You decide what styles you like to keep and send the rest back.

Their website explains who they are like this:

"Warby Parker was founded with a rebellious spirit and a lofty objective: to create boutique-quality, classically crafted eyewear at a revolutionary price point."

I searched the whole site trying to force myself to stay away from the style that I always gravitate to-black frames, rectangular shape. I looked at different sizes, shapes and colors. I am branching out people! I saw that the ones I liked ranged from $95-$135 for frames and prescription lenses. For anyone who knows the terribleness that is vision insurance, seeing a cost that low is a welcome development. As I read more about the company, I realized that I can also feel really great about buying from them because for every pair of glasses you buy, they will donate a pair to someone in need! Say what!?

What a cool concept! I am in need of a new pair of glasses because a certain dog of mine, who shall remain nameless, ate mine a few months back. I am choosing to believe it's because he missed me but secretly I think it's because he was mad at me for leaving him alone for a few hours. Vindictive dogs, ya know? I got him back though as evidenced by his festive toe nail polish for St Pattys Day tomorrow. Mwaha!


 
So basically how it works is that you go on the site and pick up to 5 styles that you want shipped to your house for free with no prescription. You try them all and then choose the one you want and they will send you a new pair with the frame you like and your prescription! I have had the same style for a really long time and so I decided to try some styles that were a bit out of my comfort zone to see what I think.
 
I have five days to choose which one I want to keep. The race is on to pick my new style! Will you help? Comment below and let me know which ones you think I should choose!
 
Please excuse my awful hair and messy kitchen in the background. It's been a long week.
 
Langston 102 style- Black Crystal
This one is pretty close to my usual style- small, rectangular, thick black frames.
 
 
Baxter 730 - Pinot Noir Color
These are like nothing I have ever had before but I am kind of digging them! I also like the name, reminds me of Anchorman. "Baxter, you know I don't speak Spanish! In English please!"
 
 
Colton Rev 102 - Black Crystal
Sorry for the terrible glare on these ones!
 
 
Walker 200- Whiskey Tortoise
I really liked the shape of these ones and they are tortoise colored which is quite a step from my normal black.
 
 
Reece 350- Navy
Pretty close to my old ones except in a different color. Navy!
 
 
 Alrighty! Chances are I will be stuck with these for quite some time, unless Hero gets to them again. So! I would love to hear your opinions on which ones you like best! Comment below and I will let you know which ones I pick based on your suggestions in 5 days! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment